20 Feb Typo iPhone Keyboard Case
Hailed as the ‘next big thing’ for the iPhone, YDST ordered the new Typo keyboard to give it a try. The keyboard’s reviews, both good and bad, have sent the curious to the company’s website in droves. In fact, it is sold out for a few more weeks according to the website. Here are our thoughts after using it for a few days:
– The actual product and packaging is first-rate and well made.
– The extra length took a little getting used to but eventually that became a non-issue except when placed in the cup holder in the car. There it fell out several times while driving.
– If you have an iPhone 5s, you can’t access the fingerprint reader.
– Are you a former Blackberry user and miss your keyboard? You will love this. Those of us here who have been using the iPhone keyboard for ages found the Blackberry-type keyboard uncomfortable to use. *Typo and Blackberry lawyers are hard at work: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/19/us-typo-blackberry-idUSBREA1I0C620140219
– Bottom line: Three of us tried it for a few days and decided it was more trouble than it was worth. One said, “It is cool and unique but I probably would not use it after a few days.”
– Last note: We decided it was not worth the cost ($99.00 + shipping) and wanted to return the product. We found that hard to do. There was no refund information in the packaging or on the website. We had to locate the original email confirmation and send a reply email. The return package was delivered to the company on February 18 – we will update this when we receive our refund.
–March 4, 2014 update: Still no refund. No email. No customer service phone number to call. Buyer beware.