14 Nov 6 Ways To Stand Out In A Meeting Or Job Interview
Do these six things today to stand out from the crowd in a meeting, event, job interview – anywhere you are gathered with another human or a crowd. All six are very simple but unique in the fact that most people do not do all six. They may do one or two – you do all six and see what happens:
1. Dress appropriately, dress for how you want to be perceived
2. Make eye contact when speaking with people
3. Listen to what people are actually saying
4. Do your homework, come prepared, research the event and the people
5. Speak properly without words such as like, you know, any hoo, and uh
6. The #1 thing that will make you stand out – silence your phone and put it away before you walk into the room, if not sooner
Try this a few times and let me know what happens. Have a great day!
Another great comment from actor-turned-entrepreneur and venture capitalist Ashton Kutcher. Ashton tells Ellen exactly what job is beneath all people. Watch the video.