26 Jan How to use up a gift card balance
If you received Visa, American Express, MasterCard or Discover gift cards over the holidays, you probably have a few sitting around now with a dollar or two left on each. We throw away millions of dollars in gift card balances every year due to the hassle. What a pain trying to figure out how to use those last couple of bucks and it’s usually some weird amount like $3.02 or $5.11. YDST presents a solution. Use the gift cards to buy yourself Amazon gift cards. We cashed in five yesterday for a total of $43.04.
- Go to Amazon.com
- Click on Gift Cards at the top of the page
- Pick one (we sent ourselves Birthday ones)
- Pick a design (any), ignore choices #1 and #2, in #3 type in the amount left on your gift card, fill in your email and send it to yourself
- Charge your gift card purchase to that pesky leftover gift card
- When filling in the gift credit card number at checkout, use “Gift Card” as the name
- Once you get the gift card email from Amazon, click Redeem and add it to your Amazon account. If you don’t have an account, hang on to it until you need to buy something and apply the amount then. You can always find something you need on Amazon.
Here’s a book you can buy on Amazon: Stop Acting Rich and Start Living Like a Real Millionaire
There. No more throwing away money! You are now on your way to your first million.
With unfiltered observations and sometimes dark humor, author Dayna Steele chronicled her mother’s journey with Alzheimer’s on Facebook. This collection of Alzheimer’s updates posted on the social media network includes biting humor and raw emotion as Dayna carries you from the diagnosis to the inevitable end. This is a journey way too many of us are going to experience in one way or another. If you have to experience Alzheimer’s – and chances are you will – do it like Dayna with love, wit and wine. Order here.